It’s Saturday and my day to relax! Even though I don’t eat processed foods, I am human and I do get cravings! Here is the after math of a craving… energy balls! I am going to try to relay the recipe in measurements but one thing about my cooking is I rarely measure anything. I guess-amate and just go with how things look. The good thing about this recipe is you don’t have to have it right on and you can add to it. Other things I want to try to add are dried berries and protein powder. Think of it as a trail mix in a ball.
5 dates, pitted
a dash of water, about 1 tablespoon
4 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquified
1. tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
1/2 c. walnuts
1/2 c. almonds, slices preferably
1/2. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 c. dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
Optional: roll in shredded coconut, take about 1/3 c. of shredded coconut.
For this recipe you will need a handy dandy food processor, got mine for Christmas and love it!
1 .Pit the dates, take out the seed in them. Place them in a microwaveable bowl with the dash of water. Microwave for about 45 secs.
2. Place dates in food processor and process for a couple of seconds, till almost smooth.
3. Add almond butter, coconut oil, extract and process till smooth, about 20 secs.
4. Add the rest of your ingredients… nuts and chocolate chips. Pulse process a couple of times until nuts are chopped.
5. If you like, which I prefer, roll your balls in shredded coconut.
6. Put in a container and set in the frig to set. Also, keep them stored in an airtight container in the frig and enjoy when you like!
Recipe is inspired by Paleo Table’s Raw Crunch Ball recipe